Thursday, July 4, 2013

My Story-Part 1

It all started in the year of 2010....
After watching a very excited Tv show about an Israeli celebrity who wanted to learn about his Heritage.
He went all the way from Israel to Poland in order to investigate his past and explore his roots.
After a complicated journey he found all he was looking for .
The problem is that he took this journey after his parents passed away.. sad.. but then it hit me :
I must take my own journey with my father and go back to Romania to look for our roots.
My father was born in Piatra Neamt and after WW2 when he was just 11 years old, he came to Israel with his mother and twin brother.
His father (my grandfather...) died during the Holocaust in a labour camp somewhere in Romania.
Since my father came to Israel many years ago he,me and my brothers never visited Romania.
I started to gather information about Piatra Neamt , contacting people that will be able to help us locate My grandfather and maybe more relatives who died and buried in the old Jewish cemetery in Piatra Neamt.
My father was thrilled to hear about this emotional project and in march 2010 me, my father and my young brother took the flight to Otopeni International airport in Romania.


Somewhere on the road


Visiting Bicaz on the way to Piatra Neamt


And of course the amazing Lacul Rosu (The Red Lake)












No comments:

Post a Comment